Getting back from Iraq made something clear



VoteVets


I started VoteVets after returning from Iraq because it was clear to me that the voices of progressive veterans were not represented in Congress or in our media.

In fact, it was worse than that. Back then, and this may be hard to believe, being a veteran was shorthand for being “conservative.” Or that if you didn’t support more wars you were “against the troops.”

I could have never imagined how far we’ve come. Over the past decade, we’ve been decisive in a number of legislative battles and in electing a number of progressive veterans to Congress — veterans like Ted Lieu, Seth Moulton and Tammy Duckworth.

As a donor, you helped make that happen. But with some of our biggest challenges ahead, VoteVets needs you more than ever:


Thank you again for your continued support. I may not have known you while I was in Iraq, but I appreciate you today.

All my best,
Jon Soltz
Iraq War Veteran and Chairman
VoteVets










PAID FOR BY VOTEVETS ACTION FUND







Comments

MOST POPULAR

Jane Mayer | Christopher Steele, the Man Behind the Trump Dossier

POLITICO Massachusetts Playbook WARREN’s war chest — DC DELEGATION returns from PUERTO RICO — BAKER defying laws of political gravity

National Law Journal

The Big Mac And The Crocodile

Masha Gessen | Fighting Fake News Is Not the Solution

POLITICO Massachusetts Playbook: Much ado about a BREAKFAST — MASSHEALTH restructures — WELD sues over voting system

James Risen | Is Donald Trump a Traitor?